04 oktober 2006

Back 2 It

Let's get this thing on the road!

So: Who Am I ( no not Jackie Chan :p)?

My name is Arne I live in the Netherlands in the city of Leeuwarden. I'm 20 years three months and a couple of days old. I have just arrived at an important point in my life. What line of work to pick..

Over the past two years I have attended different educations. One of them being Law school. Nothing quite seemed to fit me. Most of the time I noticed I wasn't able to focus on the
subject material. And trust me that's not a good thing you're studying to become let's say.. a lawyer. I realized I needed some action. So after a lot of thinking I desides not to re-enrol this year.

I decided at that point that I was going to try get into the Ducth Police Academy. Something I have wanted to do since i graduated from High School. There's only one problem...

That would be my eyes

All of my body is in keen physical shape BUT my eyes are causing problems. Both of them are myopic at -5,5 diopters. To get into Police School/Academy -2,00 diopters is the max. Wich is fair I gues. There is no way I'm going to be shooting a gun in any way accuratly without glasses/contacts.. This means one thing if I'm going to be in the PD, I will have to undergo refractive surgery tot correct my myopia (nearsightedness)

Why have I started this Blog?

Well for one thing over the past couple of years I've been checking out a lot of blog some cop related some not. What I have noticed is that I've never seen a blog dedicated to becoming a cop. I realise this is not the most interesting part but non the less important. I started this blog to let the people around me know how i'm doing and what the progress I'm making is. Of course this blog may also be of significance to other people on the road 2 rookie. Most of all I started this blog for personal reasons, having something to do, record my progress etc. Not all of the blog will be about getting into police training, some of it will also be about my current line of work and other sideroads of the "Road2Rookie"

Will update soon,

Kind regards,

Arne






1 Comments:

Blogger Paradise Driver said...

Hope to hear more from you soon.

I have added you to my links.

5:27 p.m.  

Een reactie posten

<< Home